Please beware of recruitment scams that are currently targeting jobseekers. Click here for further advice.
- Flexible Working Environment
- Fast Career Progression
- Attractive Remuneration Package
A leading provider of cutting-edge mobile data services and solutions. Since its founding in 2002, it has deployed its technology in more than 100 deployments for mobile operators, financial institutions, media firms, and businesses, revolutionising mobile data applications and accelerating the adoption of mobile data. They are currently looking for a VP of Software Development to be part of their dynamic team.
- Lead a software development team to build new products and services for the company.
- Manage a team of software development engineers who are focused on creating internal &
external APIs, creating, updating and upgrading software code.
- Design and build services with a focus on business value and usability, with scalability and
flexibility in mind.
- Engage with solution delivery team and vendors as necessary to complete specific
development projects on time and to budget.
- Ensure execution of SDLC project flow for the solution delivery organization.
- Highlight bottlenecks to the CTO for executive escalation to ensure adequate resourcing.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure that project scoping, ROI, timeframes, UML, use
cases, and delivery are executed according to the SDLC.
- Obtain infrastructure necessary to build development and production environments for all
software creation needs.
- Ensure that unit test and SIT are properly conducted, UAT and deployment are supported
- Ensure that operationalization of product enhancements (training, documentation, monitoring)
is handed off accurately and completely to solution delivery team.
- Mentor the best talent bringing out the best in every engineer.
- Nurture a culture of high performance, continuous improvement, creative problem solving,
and innovation within the team
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 10 years of working experience in .NET or JAVA application design & development,
3+ years in a managerial role.
- Good experience in backend and frontend technologies.
- Sound knowledge of Microservice, cloud services and CICD.
- Experience in any of the following would be advantageous: React Native, Angular JS, Struts,
MySQL and/or Mobile Application for Android & iOS.
- Working knowledge in the following areas:
- Unix, Linux and Windows
- Web service and data exchange protocol like SOAP, UDDI
- Knowledge in telecommunication networks and protocols, and IP networking would be a definite advantage
- Experience in designing, developing and deploying large, scalable production application on Cloud/PaaS platforms such as AWS and Azure.
- Experience with using Gitlab CI to manage test automation and deployment
- Experience in containerization(docker) would be advantageous.
- Experience in Agile development teams, employing relevant methodologies and practices such as Scrum, Continuous Integration and Deployment.
- Ability to comprehend detailed project specifications as well as the ability to adapt to various technologies and simultaneously work on multiple projects.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills. Proven oral and written communication skills, both technical and business focused.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and problem solve under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints.
- Enjoy constant learning and working with new technologies.
- Applicant must be a Malaysian citizen.
- Good command in English, both verbal and written.
To apply, please click "APPLY NOW" or email Aaron at firstname.lastname@example.org. Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer MYR500 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.com.my/refer-a-friend