Please beware of recruitment scams that are currently targeting jobseekers. Click here for further advice.
- Posted 17 May 2023
- SalaryRM8000 - RM10000 per month
- LocationKuala Lumpur
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineTechnology & Digital
Back to jobs
Senior Business Analyst (Banking)
- Employ an improvement mindset to identify and define less obvious issues or problems and actively participate in brainstorming meetings for problem resolution.
- Bring structure and order to undefined or large-scale problems, making them easier to address and solve.
- Utilize systemic thinking and creativity to devise solution options.
- Evaluate the costs, benefits, and obstacles of potential solutions before implementation.
- Articulate complex information in a clear, meaningful, and structured manner for different audiences.
- Understand the organization's priorities, business drivers, competitors, and competitive strategy to drive strategically aligned solutions.
- Question small-scale business decisions that do not align with the organization's commercial strategy.
- Anticipate and mitigate issues and risks swiftly and effectively.
- Proactively identify potential risks to service or performance and manage review processes to identify quality issues early.
- Build effective working relationships with analysis and design teams in delivery partners and external partners.
- Act as an expert across multiple projects or programs, guiding teams on requirements gathering, design, and implementation approaches.
- Define requirements management processes and design detailed business solutions based on business requirements.
- Identify areas of impact on the target operating model and design activities to mitigate the impact.
- Manage requirements traceability through design and delivery.
- Utilize financial skills to develop a high-level business case, considering investment and high-level benefits.
- Manage change implementation activities, including business readiness assessment, implementation pilot, and actual implementation.
- Manage the change audience through the commitment curve with effective communications, training, and development.
- Support process reengineering efforts and provide detailed guidance on process design.
- Support program management with impact assessment for change requests on design, scope, time, budget, or effort.
- Support project or program resourcing activities.
- Allocate tasks and objectives to other analysts on a project or program.
Capability and People Development:
- Promote pace and energy within the team and lead by example.
- Understand and learn from varied viewpoints, leveraging differences between people as an opportunity.
- Listen, ask clarifying questions, and reflect back to gain a clear understanding of others' points of view.
- Encourage open and honest debate with tact and integrity, even on sensitive issues.
- Support others' design efforts and operate in a collaborative manner.
- Organize team engagement and motivation initiatives.
- Build professional relationships and networks within and outside the team.
- Seek opportunities to work collaboratively across boundaries.
- Manage a team and the performance of individuals against objectives and project/program plans.
- Good understanding of business transformation frameworks and best practice techniques.
- Thorough understanding of the organization's purpose, values, culture, and fundamentals.
- Outstanding knowledge of HSBC Group structures, processes, and objectives.
- Strong knowledge of the external environment, including regulatory, political, and competitor factors.
- Basic knowledge of business reengineering.
- Proficiency in business analysis, requirements gathering, and design techniques.
- Familiarity with change management and implementation management techniques.
- Proven track record as an outstanding analyst, consultant, and/or project manager.
- Overall knowledge of the financial services industry with specific functional expertise.
- Extensive experience in gathering requirements and conducting design activities, including business, operations, and technology-focused projects.
- Exposure to business case development and understanding of how design enables business benefits.
- Strong experience in delivering change to different audiences and managing implementation in banking environments.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Sound judgment skills for problem identification and resolution.
- Experience in managing resources using communication, delegation, and planning skills.
- Ability to motivate and lead people using appropriate management styles.
- Proven ability to work across regions while maintaining a global perspective.
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders
Qualifications and Accreditations:
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) - Expected to work towards qualification
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Degree in Business Information Systems or a related field - Differentiator
- Degree in business administration / management / economics, engineering, and science - Differentiator
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer MYR500 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.com.my/refer-a-friend