Please beware of recruitment scams that are currently targeting jobseekers. Click here for further advice.
Associate Consultant, Banking & Financial Services
- Market leading financial institution in the Asia Pacific Region
- Highly competitive remuneration package
- Hybrid working arrangements
To support the Legal Team on day to day legal, operational and administration matters as a member of the Group Commercial Legal Centre of Excellence based in Kuala Lumpur. The role will have a specific focus on supporting client offboarding activity and paralegal tasks. Particularly, to review existing client documentation, contracts, provide impact assessment on clauses restricting client offboarding and overall assistance with client correspondence.
- To review, draft and validate NDAs and other ancillary client documentation to ensure they meet the Group's policies and standards and applicable law. The scope of the role is global and will cover each of the Group's Business and Product areas.
- To assist with client contractual queries from the Business and Legal Teams, including contract reviews and research, risk assessments and the preparation of advice and reports.
- To collaborate with and assist other legal teams across the Group to ensure appropriate overall matter management, including addressing product-specific considerations and local law requirements. Where external counsel is appointed, to support the management of the engagement.
- To provide stakeholders with accurate and timely information and advice regarding the status of contract matters and other matter reporting.
- To assist with continuous improvement initiatives in relation to the contract process, workflow, stakeholder guidance, playbooks, and templates.
- To keep up to date with relevant Group policies and standards and applicable law.
- To support on team administration tasks
- To provide additional legal, operational, and administrative support to other Group and Country Legal teams where required.
- Responsible for adhering to the Group Contracts Policy, applicable product Legal DOIs and any Company Compliance policies and frameworks / playbooks relating to specified client activity.
- Degree in a relevant subject such as Law or a junior lawyer with 0-3 years' experience
- MUST be called to the Malaysian Bar or UK Bar
- Fresh Graduates are encouraged to apply
- Experience in a Legal environment
- Experience working in a global business / function
- Experience in the banking industry (whether through in-house or private practice) is preferred but not mandatory
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication.
How to Apply
Contact Vighnesh Gunasegaran on +(60)3 9212 7975 or APPLY NOW by clicking the button below. Please send your updated CV to email@example.com quoting ref no. # 264640. For similar opportunities, please visit www.ambition.com.my.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. *LI-IT
Business Registration Number: 1048918-T. License Number: JTK 2710
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer MYR500 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.com.my/refer-a-friend