Associate Director, Enterprise Risk Management
The position is responsible for developing, recommending and implementing controls and cost-effective approaches to minimise company's risk effects.
- This position is the supporting role in Enterprise Risk Management department, which works as a second line of defense in partnership with the business (as first line of defense), to coordinate the risk management process throughout company and its related group of companies to ensure all element of risks are properly identified, assessed, mitigated and reported in line with the BNM Guidelines as well as company policies requirements.
- This position works closely with the members of the Risk Committees i.e. mainly Executive Committee as well as Head of Departments by monitoring and reporting risk related matters with focus on operational risk.
Roles and Responsibilities:1. Risk Management Framework, Policies and Procedures and system
- Support coordinating in the implementation of risk management process throughout company and related companies as required according to the Board approved risk methodology.
- Support rolling down the Risk Management Framework/ Policy and related risk policies from group as well as establishing relevant risk policies and procedures to meet local regulatory requirements. This includes review on a periodic basis to ensure continued relevance and appropriateness, as well as updating as necessary the relevant risk policies, incorporating feedback of Board and Management - this includes establishment of risk appetite, risk limits and review of the existing key risk indicators (KRI) and thresholds.
- Work closely with all business functions to ensure all elements of operational and strategic risks are properly identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored and reported by implementing the Risk & Control Assessment (RCA) programme at company, and related companies as required. Entails assisting EXCO and respective Head of Department (HOD) to identify key operational risks in their respective areas. Subsequently, assist them to analyse and assess their risk in light of the company approved risk methodology. Thereafter to ensure that appropriate controls are in place and risks are managed within the approved risk appetite framework
Reporting and deliverables for Boards, Risk Committees, Regulators, Group and Management
- Prepare / Complete all relevant materials/ papers on timely basis highlighting key risks, mitigating controls and action owner for EXCO, Group (Risk & RCE), respective local Risk Management Committees, Board Risk Committees and/or Board.
- Monitor and ensure the execution of relevant action plans which includes materials prior and post meeting, logistics, minutes and matters arising as directed by the respective local Risk Management Committees, Board Risk Committees and/or Board within agreed timeline and acceptable standard of quality
Embedding Risk Management
- Create a positive risk based culture, where a robust risk assessment process is embedded that business units implement proactively and on an integrated basis.
- Embed Integrated Risk Management, equipping and enabling risk owners to discharge their duties
- Coordinate risk management education and awareness such as to educate all employees on risk management process and principles on a continuous and regular basis.
- Provide risk assessment support for strategic/ business initiatives and products as well as relevant project management, outsourcing arrangements and investments.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Degree in related field including Risk Management, Accounting, Actuarial Science, Finance, IT or Business with 8-10 years relevant work experience in the financial industry handling risk management, internal audit, compliance and/ or controls
- In-depth understanding of the Insurance/ Takaful business preferred and, in lieu of insurance, financial services
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and self-motivated
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English and local language
- Independent and be able to work under pressure
- Be organized, detail-oriented and analytical
How to Apply
Contact Atiqah Roslan on +(60)3 9213 1668 or APPLY NOW by clicking the button below. Please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref no. # For similar opportunities, please visit www.ambition.com.my.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. *LI-IT
Business Registration Number: 1048918-T. License Number: JTK 2710