Associate Director, Compliance (Takaful)
A leading financial services provider is seeking an Associate Director to manage the compliance department by ensuring all regulatory and market conduct risks are efficiently and effectively assessed, mitigated and controlled.
About the Role
- Responsible for the overall design, implementation and ongoing enhancement of the company's compliance programme that is focused on regulatory, investments, product and sales compliance, whilst ensuring its alignment with business objectives, group compliance's strategic direction
- Oversee the implementation of an effective compliance risk assessment programme for the company and engage with key business stakeholders which includes but not limited to being a member of or otherwise working closely with the executive committee to ensure key regulatory and emerging risks are identified and managed and compliance resources are appropriately directed
- Work with relevant functions (e.g. risk, internal audit, finance and legal) to build up and/or implement a risk control framework and provide quality and solutions-focused advice on risk and control issues relevant to the business units for informed decision-making on compliance and ethics matters
- Responsible for the development of relevant compliance policies and procedures necessary to support the objectives and values of the company and for the implementation of group policies and procedures to manage regulatory risks
- Responsible for the effective communication of compliance matters including timely and accurate reporting and/or escalation of such matters in accordance with relevant reporting and escalation protocols, including regular reporting to the firm's executive committee and board or relevant board committee on compliance risk, issues and activities
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or relevant discipline(s); relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Minimum 10 years' experience in financial services handling compliance and/or controls. Experience in Takaful or insurance will be an advantage
- Able to communicate fluently in English, both verbally and in writing, including the ability to make effective presentations to internal and external stakeholders
How to Apply
Contact Jaecent.Lei@ambition.com.my or apply now quoting reference number AGP 247804. For similar roles, please visit www.ambition.com.my.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. *LI-IT
Business Registration Number: 1048918-T. License Number: JTK 2710