Please beware of recruitment scams that are currently targeting jobseekers. Click here for further advice.
- Posted 22 May 2023
- SalaryRM14000 - RM18500 per month
- LocationPetaling Jaya
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineAmbition Executive Search
Principal Consultant, Finance Shared Services
Regional Legal Manager - Infrastructure, Construction, Project
About our Client
- International MNC
- Excellent Remuneration Package & Career Plan
- Regional exposure to work with multiple country
Our client is a multinational company with a global branding supported by an established management team and a culture that supports personal and professional development. A robust training framework is one of their core pillars in investing in their employees.They are currently looking for a Regional Legal Manager.
You will look after the entire Legal & Contract matters within Malaysia and the other APAC region.
Job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the overall duties/responsibilities of the legal department.
- Provide legal support for bids in private or public tenders and any partnership arrangements in Malaysia and potentially, in the APAC region,
- Legal review work over Supply Contract, Services Contract, MOU, Consortium agreements, NDA, procurement & Supply chain Contracts etc.
- You are required to advise the commercial & operations team on the company's legal obligations and entitlement under the contracts and drive the strategic direction of managing risks and opportunities
- Legal Project works - These include addressing issues relating to financial and commercial instruments such as bonds, insurance, guarantees and letters of credit. Regular reporting on project status is required
- General Corporate works - Providing advice to internal stakeholders on employment, antitrust, corporate secretarial and other general corporate matters. o Managing external counsel in litigations, arbitrations and adjudications, where required.
- Advise and support commercial transactions and industrial operations and projects in the region, including M&A transactions & construction projects
- Keep abreast of laws and regulatory developments within or outside of the Company, particularly in Malaysia, and assist with necessary legal trainings as planned
- Provide legal & Compliance training and support to other relevant business unit within the company
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in law, and has been admitted to the bar
- Minimum 3 years post-qualification experience doing Litigation or Arbitration, preferably in the area of infrastructure, construction disputes or projects / tender.
- Experience working in a law firm or commercial within Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Construction, Property, Engineering or Technology industry will be advantageous
- Strong corporate work experience
- International regional exposure will be advantageous
How To Apply
Submit your resume to Andrew Chua at Andrew.Chua@ambition.com.my or click APPLY NOW by clicking the button below and for similar roles, please visit www.ambition.com.my
JTK Number: JTKSM 995 | Company Registration Number: 201301019088 (1048918-T)
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer MYR500 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.com.my/refer-a-friend