Opportunity to step into a progressive role with a MNC
Based in Selangor, Klang
Interstate travelling required
About our client:
Our client is a MNC and one of the market leaders in food packaging based with operations based in Selangor. They are current expanding operations and are searching for procurement professionals to apply to the role of a purchasing specialist.
* Responsible for purchasing, expediting, negotiating, and managing raw materials on timely manner.
* Work closely with all the related Departments of the plant such as Production, Maintenance QA, Sales and Customer service to ensure material, tooling, are managed effectively for the smooth running of operation.
* To plan material forecast/cost estimation and coordinate with suppliers and ensure the availability of material to support Production
* Ensures raw materials/components, WIP, finished goods and MRO scheduling strategy and ordering cycles adhered to ensure continuous supply of materials to support production operations with optimum stock levels, whilst optimising costs.
* Work with warehouse to manage optimum inventory practices at the factory warehouse & external warehouse.
* Analyse and determine the safety stock levels, MOQ, PPV/ MPV assigning appropriate replenishment strategies, ensuring optimum inventory keep with no major ageing write off concern.
* Develop, maintain and update list of Items and Pricing and continuously review to ensure they are current at all times.
* Monitor, track and provide feedback on suppliers' performance, perform performance reviews to develop and continuously improve supplier performance
* Ensure strategic and operational information, reports and metrics are available when required.
* Perform any other related function assigned by the Superior from time to time.
* Candidate must possess at least Diploma/Professional Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance or equivalent.
* At least 5 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position, with manufacturing environment preferred.
* Expertise in purchasing & inventory management.
* Strong negotiation skills
* Must have experience in using Oracle system
How to apply:
To apply, please click "APPLY NOW" or email Vern Zhiang at email@example.com. Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Due to the volume of applications received, we regret to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
JTK Number: JTKSM 995 | Company Registration Number: 201301019088 (1048918-T)