Please beware of recruitment scams that are currently targeting jobseekers. Click here for further advice.
The vision statement for Change Delivery is "To be the businesses' primary change partner, support the implementation of the Group Strategy and make change a source of sustainable competitive advantage for The Project Manager role is distinct from the Senior Project Manager role in the scale and importance of the projects they manage and resource pool responsibilities. Projects may be stand alone or part of a Programme. Project Managers are required to take decisions and lead change initiatives and on occasions manage stakeholder and senior management relationships. Project governance must be established, including clear sponsorship, tollgates and steering committee.
- Plans effectively around delivery constraints and optimises the plan to maximise benefits and minimise risk.
- Develops the plan within constraints, considering the delivery approach, key milestones and dependencies within the plan, requirements and scope, effort and resources, budgets and quality.
- Ensures the baselined scope, requirements, benefits, schedule and budget are managed as outlined in Business Transformation Frameworks(BTF).
- Identifies and intervenes where there is slippage and variance from plan.
- Proactively monitors project execution to effectively identify risks/issues/dependencies as they arise throughout the project lifecycle.
- Takes ownership of critical issues and ensures resolution within agreed timescales and implements mitigating plans against identified risks and issues.
- Escalates when needed to the Programme Manager (remaining calm, knowing when to escalate, and escalates with possible solutions).
- Collaborates and builds positive stakeholder and business partner relationships providing regular updates to resolve high priority issues affecting the project
- Obtains buy-in from the project sponsor, Steering Committee and other business partner stakeholders for all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, quality assurance plans, budget, schedule, and scope changes
- Analyses management reports, and derives insights from it to drive the right business decisions
- Sets the pace and operating rhythm, driving a culture of achievement and ensures pace by identifying and promotes pace and energy within the team and leads by example
- Keeps focus on the medium and long term goals and the Group's values particularly when under short term pressure
- Manages change and implementation within the business to ensure the change lands well and sticks, contributing to benefits realisation
- Manages project closure and handover to the business Operational Performance: Produce a well-defined project plan, identifying the key milestones and assigning responsibilities / resources in line with Compliance Transformation Project Management Framework.
- Provides timely reports on project status, risks and issues, evaluating project performance based on management information using standardized metrics and templates in Clarity.
- Maintains project change control, ensuring any changes to baseline are managed through change request and all impacts are considered
- Promotes and takes accountability for project quality; identifies opportunities to improve delivery and oversees the governance process to reduce risk and ensure effective and timely decisions are taken Capability and People Development: Identifies and shares the resource requirements of the project, to the Program Manager requesting the appropriate skill set and/or experience ? Defines high level responsibilities and objectives for members of their project team and ensure the individuals are being used in accordance with their skills and resource request
- Acts as a role model to create and maintain a collaborative team environment which supports and encourages the professionalism and development of our teams
- Knowledge/Understanding of the project lifecycle
- Business Transformation Frameworks and best practice techniques
- Agile/Scrum methodologies of project delivery
- Understanding of key activities for Change Adoption
- Knowledge of project management tools such as Clarity/ JIRA/ MS Project
- Understanding of banking domain and understanding of how change drives benefits for the banking domain
- Domain knowledge on any of the following: Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Risk, Compliance, Payments &understanding of the purpose, value, culture and fundamentals of Compliance Transformation
- Given a majority of projects are Hong Kong/ China/ Taiwan facing, ability to speak/understand Chinese - Mandarin / Cantonese is a must Experience
- Relevant experience on complex projects across countries or regions
- Organizational skills and ability to pick up work right away
- Understanding of banking and/or financial services industry and/or shared services organizations
- Delivering significant change and collaboration with stakeholders across locations
- Ability to interact and influence stakeholders at appropriate level
- Self-driven approach ? Problem solving ability with adherence to deadlines and tight timeliness
- Experience in project tracking (setting up project plan, managing risk and issue log, reporting and governance)
- Experience in Change Adoption processes - Plan and implement change intervention to enable smooth transition and embed changes and transition to business as usual, from requirements gathering, communications till training final user
- Experience with transformation changes Design & Initiation (D&I) are an advantage Capabilities
- Planning and Plan Management & Strong Stakeholder Management skills
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer MYR500 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.com.my/refer-a-friend