Tax Compliance Lead
|Location:||Petaling Jaya, Malaysia|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||Up to RM156000.00 per annum + Other Benefits|
Our client is a global FMCG organisation that has businesses in multiple continents with presence in over 40 countries. Backed by a strong market branding and reputation, they invest heavily in the development and growth of their employees. They are currently looking for a tax compliance lead for Malaysia to be based in their finance shared services centre:
Roles & Responsibilities
- Preparation, negotiation and agreement of corporate tax computations and returns for BAT's legal entities in Malaysia.
- Liaise with the local tax office pertaining to transfer pricing, related party transactions as well as tax payments made.
- Computation and calculation of allowances for taxes and assisting in the group statutory reporting as and when required.
- Provide advisory input pertaining to tax issues that may arise and to lead the forecast of tax provisions from a Malaysia perspective.
- Responsible for updating of the tax risk register as well as the group tax compliance requirements.
- Work closely with the Group's tax consultants in preparation of tax assessment schedules and filing returns for same.
- Act as the single point of contact for any tax related queries internally in Malaysia and the Group as well as the external authorities.
- Timely preparation or management and statutory tax reports and analysis.
- Keep up to date with tax law changes that will impact the business and make recommendations in respect of such changes and related tax planning initiatives.
- Carry out due diligence along with tax consultants in relation to transfer pricing, to ensure the risk of withholding tax being imposed on related party transactions is minimized.
Education, Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or any other relevant degrees with strong background in corporate taxation within the Malaysian context. Knowledge of transfer pricing and withholding tax will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience within corporate taxation. Team management experience is required. Big 4 candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent communication skills in English in terms of verbal as well as via written communication.
- Exposure to SAP systems would be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Submit your resume and APPLY NOW by clicking the button below and for similar roles, please visit www.ambition.com.my
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. *LI-FA
Business Registration Number: 1048918-T. License Number: JTK 2710