Statutory Accountant (Controllership)
|Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||RM96000.00 - RM144000.00 per annum + Other Benefits|
Our client is a multinational company that manufactures consumable goods worldwide with presence in over a 100 countries. Listed on multiple stock exchanges, they have experienced a consistent growth and are now setting up their finance shared services centre in Malaysia. Tasked with an aggressive growth plan, the management are looking to set up a controllership team to service the Asia Pacific region.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the month end close process, ensuring timely & accurate delivery of financial information to stakeholders.
- Enforce a strong controls environment across the Asia Pacific region based on the Financial Controls Framework.
- Ensure that the balance sheet is in a healthy position, strengthening the Balance Sheet Governance.
- Business partnering with the End Market, liaising with the Operations and Global Finance Operations in ensuring that the financial statements are compliant to the relevant accounting framework.
- Liaise with external tax consultants and tax authorities in providing financial information as and when required in the preparation of direct tax computations and provisions.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely submission of the local statutory reports.
- Providing financial expertise via deep-dive analysis and ensure that all ad hoc queries are attended to in line with SLAs to ensure better business decisions.
Education, Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Qualified finance professional with approximately 5 years of experience either within the Big 4 as an external auditor or as a Statutory Accountant/Controller in a finance shared services industry.
- Excellent English language proficiency (both written and verbal) with the ability to manage stakeholders within the business at senior management level. Mandarin language would be an added advantage.
- Strong understanding of basic accounting fundamentals.
How To Apply
Submit your resume and APPLY NOW by clicking the button below and for similar roles, please visit www.ambition.com.my
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. *LI-FA
Business Registration Number: 1048918-T. License Number: JTK 2710