Senior Automation Engineer
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||RM96000.00 - RM120000.00 per annum|
Senior Automation Engineer
- Global development centre
- Strong people manager.
- Cross functional projects.
Our client are a leading multinational organisation looking to add a number of Senior Automation Engineers for their SEA business hub.
A leading software vendor is looking for a Director to lead their SEA region. In this role you will be responsible for growing software implementations practice, directing business operations and resources for SEA and managing key business verticals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Code, modify and document test automation scripts and programs in accordance with pre-defined test requirements or manual test cases and using agreed methods and standards
- Implement and configure automation test tools & keyword driven test tools
- Create Test Stubs, Drivers and Harnesses in accordance with defined requirements
- Create frameworks for creation and maintenance of test data
- Assist clients/users in producing clearly defined acceptance tests for automated systems
- Check test results and document test outcomes compared with pre-determined criteria, in accordance with agreed standards
- Analyse test requirements, design and produce test scripts, test procedures (with expected results) and test case suites (e.g. for system/regression/smoke test) to be executed by yourself and colleagues
- Use test scripts, diagnostic tools, technical manuals and systems documentation to identify, diagnose and report on system errors
- Working as part of an offshore team, align test activities with other offshore colleagues
- Work with colleagues and clients to input into and review requirements specifications to ensure testability and completeness; collaboration with Business Analysts to understand business requirements and collaboration with Development to understand technical requirements, making recommendations.
- Significantly contributes to reviews of requirements and schematic diagrams for early defect prevention, taking a special interest in testability, load, performance and security issues, with a specific purpose to reduce defect injection at the start of the project
- Produce realistic and accurate estimates. Monitor costs, timescales and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Apply available standards, methods and tools in an intelligent and effective way, and produces a consistently high standard of documentation of both a technical and a descriptive nature
- Analyse test results and maintain tests and test suites as necessary
- Produce reports on system quality and metrics on test cases and defects
- Work with colleagues to produce traceability matrices between manual test, automated tests and the technical requirements and use this information to produce consolidated test reports
- Lead clients/users in defining acceptance tests and takes responsibility for their proper execution
The Successful Applicant
To qualify, candidates must possess:
- Candidate must be a Malaysian Citizen or Foreign Nationals currently residing in Malaysia with valid work authority.
- Experience working with databases, e.g. MySQL and Oracle (preferred), DB2, MSSQL
- Proven experience in automation test planning and execution, including System testing, regression testing, defect tracking and prioritisation
- Experience of process improvement and bringing efficiency savings to a test environment and/or programmes
- Experience of analysing and planning automation test strategies and rolling out across a team of Test Analysts
- Experience of mentoring and supporting less experienced testers
- Experienced with mobile test automation such as Appium.
- Familiarity with full lifecycle development process - requirements, documentation, release procedures
- ISEB or ISTQB Software Testing Foundation qualification (or higher)
- Familiar with and uses standard test processes and analysis techniques such as described within IEE829 and BS7925-2 respectively
- Working knowledge of structured development and test methodologies and processes
- Experience in test management and defect management tools such as Jira, TFS/MTM, HP QC/ALM.
What's On Offer
- Role in a well-known international business.
- Play a key role in international projects
- Opportunity to develop on a continuous basis.
Contact Tom Watling on (60) 3 2300 7224, Thomas.firstname.lastname@example.org; or click APPLY NOW quoting reference number HP/AS00040157. For similar roles, please visit www.ambition.com.my
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. *LI-IT
Business Registration Number: 1048918-T. License Number: JTK 2710