Procurement Manager (Regional)
Our client-8 MNC that is a precision manufacturer of rubber, plastics, silicone engineering components, is looking for a Procurement Manager.
As a Procurement Manager, your responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead the Procurement Team in both countries (China and Malaysia) in the procurement activities for manufacturing and operations
- Maintain a good relationship with existing clients as well as to source for new potential clients from both local and overseas market; To evaluate suppliers' performance and provide feedback accordingly
- Establish long term cost reduction costs and to manage the spending budget and the procurement reports
- Manage the team by providing strategic planning direction, guidance, and supervision for prompt, cost effectiveness, delivery, inventory control etc.
- Liaise with overseas Procurement Team to develop and execute procurement strategies and project executions
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- Minimum Diploma (any field) with 5 years of working experince in rubber, plastics, or metal manufacturing industry
- Language requirement: Mandarin and English are both mandatory to deal with China markets
- Must have experience in purchasing direct materials (rubber and plastics) for manufacturing use, preferably someone familiar with rubber/plastics tooling
- Willing to travel: ad-hoc travellling may be required