Head of Internal Controls, APAC
|Location:||Petaling Jaya, Malaysia|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||RM15000 - RM20000 per month + attractive benefits package|
Our client is an established FMCG APAC accounting shared services with a current focus on standardization and process controls. They are currently looking for a highly experienced Head of Internal Controls, APAC who has strong regional stakeholder management skills and people management skills to join the organization.
- Provide leadership for a strong internal control, risk management, and operational control environment across APAC.
- In collaboration with the accounting shared services and cluster CFOs, ensure a strong financial control environment that limits risks while enhancing proper checks and balances among processes and units.
- Assess the overall internal control environment and provide recommendations for improvements to Process and Operations Leaders.
- Partner with the Global Audit Director to raise awareness and provide timely communications to the organization regarding the compliance and audit program and ways to mitigate risk.
- Strategically develop and implement an annual audit plan that balances high risk internal control areas with other departmental requests.
- Drive conversations with external auditors to plan and implement an assessment of the control environment, coordination of timing and execution of process walkthroughs, and a process for timely sharing of potential issues for resolution with respect to internal controls
- Evaluate audit findings, prepare audit reports and make recommendations to senior management about how the organization's financial, operational and managerial processes and systems could be improved.
- Ensure self-assessment and testing, initiating corrective actions and follow up to ensure compliance
- Update Delegation of Authority Matrix to meet the changing business needs per functional management's feedback to improve efficiency
- Total career experience of 15-20 years, with a strong focus on regional financial and operations audit for at least 10 years.
- CPA (or equivalent) + CIA qualifications are mandatory.
- Strong in regional stakeholder management in a challenging environment.
- Proven team leadership skills for a minimum of 8 years.
- Big 4 foundation an advantage.
- Excellent writing, oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management and staff, maintain the highest degree of confidentiality, and meet tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and APPLY NOW by clicking the button below.
For similar roles, please visit www.ambition.com.my
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. *LI-FA
Business Registration Number: 1048918-T. License Number: JTK 2710