Group Chief Financial Officer
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
Ambition is exclusively retained on a Group Chief Financial Officer search by an award winning international property development firm. The Malaysian operations include a high-profile residential and leisure development already under construction, with additional sites identified for future growth. This newly created CFO position will report into the CEO and lead a finance team of 8. A diverse and challenging role, this position will require a seasoned finance leader with several years of experience in the property development sector, as well as a strong track record in fundraising and banking relations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee the staff on the financial management, accounting, cash flow and timely preparation of financial reports to management, shareholders and regulatory authorities. Assist in setting key financial targets, budgeting and forecasting of financial results.
- Responsible for corporate governance, legal, tax and company secretariat matters for the group.
- Implement appropriate accounting policies and controls, so as to comply with efficient business practices, pertinent legislation and generally accepted accounting principles. Develop and maintain systems of financial & operational internal controls to safeguard the group's assets and ensure integrity of records.
- Formulation and implementation of corporate policies and ensure strict compliance at all levels.
- Enhance operating efficiencies, standardize procedures, improve controls and allow for timelier management information system to support the group's growth.
- Oversee and responsible for optimizing group cash flow and return. Provide update of cash availabilities, sources and uses of funds.
- Responsible for group funding strategies and arrange banking lines. Work closely with the business units to monitor the debt position at each business unit level to ensure that optimum borrowed funds are obtained at the most competitive rates and terms.
- Responsible for group corporate strategy, working with corporate advisors and spearheading the group's probable public listing within 5 years.
- Oversee the investor relations strategy and activities for the Company. Attend to investors' and analysts' queries and handle responses in a timely and professional manner.
- Participation in the group's internal audit and risk management framework.
- Attend to all matters concerning the annual external and internal audits.
- Active participation in the financial monitoring and controlling of all business units.
- Coordinating and managing financial due diligence process, efficient tax structuring for special/ad hoc projects.
Skills & requirements:
You will be a seasoned finance leader, a qualified Chartered Accountant (or international equivalent) with a minimum of 5 years' experience in the property development industry. With plans to list the company within the next five years, experience within a Bursa Malaysia listed company would be an added advantage. You will have a strong track record in raising funds, and familiar with the equity and debt capital markets. In addition, you must be passionate about your role, able to role up your sleeves and lead from the front to help drive the business forward at this exciting stage in it's journey.
How To Apply
Submit your resume and APPLY NOW by clicking the button below and for similar roles, please visit www.ambition.com.my
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. *LI-FA
Business Registration Number: 1048918-T. License Number: JTK 2710