Global Director - Software Engineering + Delivery
|Specialisation:||Technology & Digital|
|Salary:||RM600000.00 - RM650000.00 per annum + Benefits|
The selected candidate will be responsible for the transformation of operations in Malaysia and supporting global change initiatives. The organisation is seeking to transition itself from a traditional offshore platform and move up the value chain as it evolves into a next generation COE. Leveraging from colleagues and peer's both globally and in ASEAN, the head of the delivery centre will aid in building the technology verticals, establishing a road map for transformation and ultimately leading the businesses technology function to align with the overall group business strategy and objectives.
It is imperative that delivery commitments are realistic, expectations around them are managed, the delivery teams have the skills and tools to deliver on commitments as well as the capacity to absorb future products. The teams will need to ensure that the software infrastructure is developed effectively and efficiently in line with the product, customer service and project teams to ensure customer expectations are met.
Key responsibilities include:
- A thorough understanding of software delivery centres & it's verticals.
- Delivery and strategic contribution to the product delivery road-map.
- Enhance definitions or responsibility & competencies across your direct reports.
- Define mechanisms to measure transformational goals and delivery maturity.
- Plan for capacity and skills for evolving demands.
- Communicate plans and timelines with global stakeholders.
- Ensure robust succession planning to avoid down time.
- P&L ownership.
The Successful Applicant
To qualify, candidates must possess:
- Bachelor's Degree in IT / Computer Science.
- Minimum of 12 years in software development / product management with a minimum of 5 years in a senior leadership / people management with a proven track record of successful delivery.
- Preference for applicants who have managed larger headcounts (200+) both direct and indirect.
- Able to articulate and justify delivery structure and strategy to HQ
- Knowledge of mobile application development, service based architecture, web-based systems and enterprise application architecture.
- Knowledge of Agile, waterfall, Scrum & Kanban.
- Experience of providing hands-on development solutions and an up-to-date knowledge of development in latest delivery technologies (Cloud, APIs, mobile) and commerce (Digital payments, omni-channel), Java, .Net, Oracle, Big Data Analytics and Analytics.
What's On Offer
- Global leadership role in a well-known international business.
- Play a key transformational role with a base in KL.
- Opportunity to lead and define development on a continuous basis.
Contact Tom Watling on (60) 3 2300 7224, Thomas.firstname.lastname@example.org; or click APPLY NOW quoting reference number HP/AS00040523. For similar roles, please visit www.ambition.com.my
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. *LI-IT
Business Registration Number: 1048918-T. License Number: JTK 2710