Chief Procurement Officer
Our client is a Global Manufacturing company - . In line with their expanding structure and exciting development plan, a great opportunity has become available for a vibrant and talented professional to join this organization. The Chief Procurement Officer will be directly report to Global Senior Vice President - Operations.
The Chief Procurement Officer will be responsible in providing the global business directions/strategies in complex sourcing and develop procurement practices in sourcing and contract management. Applies in advanced leadership skill to support employee growth and directly influences in major sourcing process improvements.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Developing a strategic approach to the corporate procurement and material management process for the purchase of direct and indirect goods and services.
- Strategically develop and implement procurement strategies covering all commodities, services and supplier processes throughout a global enterprise to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization.
- Lead a global enterprise organization within the scope of the strategic sourcing process to drive cost out of the supply chain by managing the following: Commodity and negotiation strategies including Terms and Conditions Supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and rationalization of Supply chain solutions, including vendor managed inventory (VMI), supplier consignment, safety stock levels, etc.
- Manage current procurement policies, procedures and programs with a focus on their ability to enhance organizational value and efficiency; meet regularly with respective departments regarding procurement for their understanding and/or recommendations to enhance policies, procedures and develop, communicate and implement new/revised policies, procedures and programs as needed.
- Building a Procurement Center of Excellence (CoE) to help transform Procurement, and also support broader transformation of the value chain and the enterprise
- Establishing and maintaining measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities to include but not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial (AP) performance, and material shortage elimination.
- Provides leadership, coaching and direction when personnel are assigned through effective use of leadership
- Minimum 10-15 years experiences in related job experience - experience in Global/Regional exposure is a must.
- Must have experience in sourcing for Direct and Indirect Materials.
- Results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development and compliance
- Ability to develop and implement effective procurement strategies and policies that support the business strategy.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and business acumen including financial unnderstanding of the business.
- A lean six sigma mastering in Black Belt will be preffered.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and APPLY NOW
For similar roles, please visit www.ambition.com.my
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. *LI-SC
Business Registration Number: 1048918-T. License Number: JTK 2710