Business Analyst (FP&A) - Product Costing
Our client is a multinational company that has been established for many years as one of the market leaders in its industry. Recognised for its global branding and its investment in research & development, they have built an excellent reputation within the market. As a result of their strategic growth and expansion, they are currently looking for a business analyst for their growing shared services.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures. Particular focus will be on product costing within manufacturing plants based on portfolio assigned.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Prepare and engage actively with Production Supervisor and Operation Finance Manager to ensure Cost Centre Report Volume and Production Order Information System (COOIS) Volume tally upon Material Master month End Closing.
- Responsible for the production of the analytical reporting and validation of Supply Chain BI Report on production overheads, product cost and price variances.
- Effective monitoring and reporting of all related materials variances during the Material Master month end closing.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the Maintenance Order completion and settlement in SAP.
- Ensure all sign-off points for AP/AR Close, Material Movement Completion, Maintenance Order Completion, Production Order Completion and Manufacturing Cost Completion before Material Master month end closing.
- Perform valuation of inventories and finished goods to ensure that all inventory balances are accurate and to follow-up on any discrepancies.
- Prepare Material variance manual adjustment journal postings for monthly clearance (if applicable).
- To prepare accurate and timely gross margins & actual profit loss account for the manufacturing functions up to contribution stage together with detailed product cost breakdown for profit reporting (actual and forecast).
- Preparation of the annual Product Costing and transfer pricing and assist Operations Finance Managers in the end markets to identify opportunities to reduce costs and optimize assets within this process and on an ongoing basis.
- Assist end markets as necessary in providing information for year end audits, both internal and external audits.
- Involved in Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis as required by business or management within the shared services centre.
- Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports inclusive of budgeting and forecasting reporting deadlines.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
Education, Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; Professional qualification is an added advantage.
- 5+ years of experience with a specific focus on Product Costing.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills. Experience in the SAP system would be an added advantage.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think critical, highly-driven and self-motivated.
How To Apply
Submit your resume and APPLY NOW by clicking the button below and for similar roles, please visit www.ambition.com.my
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. *LI-FA
Business Registration Number: 1048918-T. License Number: JTK 2710